Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Sort of a Mandala

So I have this friend.  We've been coworkers for a while, but only recently did we start hanging out outside of work.  She's teaching me to play Dungeons & Dragons :)

She surprised me with something she knitted just for me the other day!

So I surprised her back with this painting:




I asked her what she likes, and she said she likes mandalas.  I've never drawn one before.  They're intimidating because they're balanced and perfect all the way around.  I didn't think I could do perfection, so I opted for this compromise.  It's one of the D&D symbols with mandala inspired elements.

I liked making this.  I just did random shapes and designs without really having to think about it.  I don't know that it came out harmonic as mandalas should be, its more... chaotic.  Friend seemed to like it, but I know it has its issues.  I suppose the nice thing about real mandalas is they have somewhere for the eyes to focus.  This one is a little confusing, eh?

Plus his tail looks kind of like a dick.  

Windsor & Newton watercolors, black marker, white acrylic, and a purple pen.
4x6"

No comments:

Post a Comment