Friday, October 26, 2018

New month, almost over.

It's October!  Everyone's favorite month.  It's been October for a while now.  I've already fallen by the wayside when it comes to blogging.

Progress on the picture book I was so excited about earlier has halted!  Sometimes I am in the mood to draw, and sometimes I'm not.  Lately it's been the latter.  I'm about 6 pages into the picture book, and realize I still have quite a few time-consuming drawings to go, and that's daunting so I avoid it.

I'll finish it eventually, but obviously not by my previous goal of Halloween.

Meanwhile, November is creeping up and I think more and more about the novel I wrote last year for National Novel Writing Month.  I really like the story.  I finished the first draft last year, and that's the hard part.  All it needs are rewrites and edits, and I've been wanting to dig into that.

I struggle with writing, I get too wordy, I break rules.  I start to write and then erase everything.  That's my problem with the novel.  Blah.

To make up for the lack of illustrations, here's a random painting I did, of a bear.


watercolor, acrylic, colored pencil
4x6"

No comments:

Post a Comment