Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Oi Oi!

















Hey,
I’m Gull Haskell!  Do you like my blog title?  It's a play on words for "seagull"!  And it's also a nod to old learn-to-read books, i.e. "See Spot Run".  Keep reading, and you'll see why I'm nodding to picture books.

I like art and stories. I love to create things. I have taken part in National Novel Writing Month and attempted to make various webcomics (always abandoned after around 20 pages)… I’m never satisfied with my tales and am always searching for something else.

Sometimes I wish I could just complete… anything.

Last year I wrote a silly little poem aimed at children. It has never been viewed by anyone else, it’s just been sitting in my files. I came across it the other day and it hit me that I should be making children’s picture books. Not so long and committed as a webcomic. Not so complicated as writing a novel.  They're short and sweet, leaving little to be dissatisfied with.  Even a year later, I still liked the poem.

That’s what this blog is about. I’m working on illustrating the poem now, and I’ve already got some ideas for the next books. Because I'll be self publishing, I have high hopes of putting out three picture books a year.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment